We are more than a company, we are family.
We are now accepting applications for the 2023 flower season!
The ideal candidate at bloom hill farm:
- Is a trustworthy, hardworking individual.
- Be coachable and open to correction
- Is self-motivated to move quickly and efficiently complete the task at hand.
- Is committed to doing good work with a good attitude.
- Is able to work all day on their feet lifting heavy things even in unfavorable weather conditions.
- Is able to work fast and efficiently both at time-sensitive tasks like harvest and tedious jobs like hand weeding.
- Works well with others in a responsible manner without letting socializing get in the way of efficient work.
- Has a strong interest in local, sustainable flowers.
- Is positive and inquisitive.
- Is energetic, hard-working, and highly motivated.
- Has a desire and patience for community, as you will be working with the same folks throughout the season in a cooperative environment.
- Takes precautions to avoid accidents, keeping safety in mind, especially around heavy equipment and vehicles.
- Is willing to be in the public eye, positively representing our business.
- Must be able to lift, bend, and work outside in the elements. You will get dirty and sweaty, but it is rewarding work!
Interested in being a member of our team? We are hiring for the following positions:
Bloom Hill Farm - Farm Hand
Position will be Monday – Friday, generally 8 hours a day with some additional hours as needed during busy seasons. Additionally, the Farm Hand will be required to work some Saturdays for farm or harvest duty. Positions will begin full time in April through November with possible part time hours available in March and December. Daily start time may start earlier during heat of the summer.
Tasks will include: operating farm equipment, seeding, transplanting, weeding, cultivating daily harvest, and overall cleaning/maintenance of the farm. This person will work one on one with Judd for all field operations.
Ideal candidates will have 1 year farming experience, landscaping experience. General ability to enjoy and work in the outdoors daily. Mechanical experience is a plus! Hourly rate starts at $14-$16/hour based on experience.
Bloom Hill Farm - Barn Crew/Harvest Crew
Position will be Monday – Friday, generally 8 hours a day with some additional hours as needed during busy seasons. Additionally, the Barn Crew will be required to work some Saturdays for harvest duty or markets. Positions will begin full time in April through November with possible part time hours available in March and December. Daily start time may start earlier during the heat of the summer.
Tasks will include: making bouquets, bunching for florists, daily harvest, cooler management and organization, maintaining harvest records, loading the truck for deliveries, event setup, working markets and occasionally working on large team tasks for the farm including but not limited to: hand weeding, greenhouse work, transplanting, dahlia digging.
Ideal candidates will have experience in a fast paced job and be willing to multi-task in a changing environment. General ability to enjoy and work in the outdoors daily. Hourly rate starts at $14-$16/hour based on experience.